Archana’s practice focuses on biotechnology patents. Her research experience for the past 13 years was in Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences. She primarily worked within the fields of tissue regeneration and bone biology wherein she investigated, the delivery of JAGGED1 on bone formation and craniofacial bone regeneration and, novel regulators of osteoclastogenesis: interleukin-8 (IL-8) and Parathyroid hormone-related protein. She also has experience finding the toxicological effects of FDA-approved drugs on induced pluripotent stem cells-derived cardiomyocytes (iPSC-CMs).
St. Francis Degree College for Women, B.S., Microbiology
St. Francis P.G College for Women, M.S., Microbiology, Gold Medalist
Institute for Clinical Research, P.G Diploma, Clinical Research
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, PhD, Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences
- Associate Scientist – Emory University
Publications & Presentations
- Kamalakar A, Toma AI, Bitarafan S, Garcia AJ, Abramowicz S, Wood LB, Drissi H, Goudy SL. Delivery of A Jagged1-PEG-MAL hydrogel with Pediatric Human Bone Cells Regenerates Critically Sized Craniofacial Bone Defects (In prepartion)
- Kamalakar A, McKinney JM, Salinas Duron D, Amanso AM, Ballestas SA, Drissi H, Willett NJ, Bhattaram P, Garcia AJ, Wood LB, Gody SL. JAGGED1 Stimulates Cranial Neural Crest Cell Osteoblast Commitment Pathways and Bone Regeneration Independent of Canonical NOTCH Signaling. Bone. 2021 Feb; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2020.115657
- Amanso A, Kamalakar A, Bitarafan S, Abramowicz S, Drissi H, Wood L, Goudy S. Osteoinductive Effect of Soluable Transforming Growth Factor Beta Receptor 3 on Human Osteoblast Lineage. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 2021 Jan; https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.29888
- Amanso A, Turner T, Kamalakar A, Ballestas S, Hymel L, Randall J, Johnston R, Arthur R, Willett N, Botchwey E, Goudy S. Local delivery of FTY720 induces neutrophil activation through chemokine signaling in an Oro-nasal fistula model. Regenerative Engineering and Translational Medicine. 2021 May; 7(2): 160-174.
- Shokouhimehr M, Theus A, Kamalakar A, Ning L, Cao C, Tomov ML, Kaiser JM, Goudy SL, Willett NJ, Jang HW, LaRock CN, Hanna P, Lechtig A, Yousef M, Martins JDS, Nazarian A, Harris MB, Mahmoudi M, Serpooshan V. 3D Bioprinted Bacteriostatic Hyperelastic Bone Scaffold for Damage-Specific Bone Regeneration. Polymers (Basel). 2021 Mar 30; 13(7).
- Kamalakar A, Oh MS, Stephenson YC, Ballestas-Naissir SA, Davis ME, Willett NJ, Drissi HM, Goudy SL. A non-canonical JAGGED1 signal to JAK2 mediates osteoblast commitment in neural crest cells. Cell Signal. 2019 Feb; 54:130-138.
- Ballestas SA, Turner T, Kamalakar A, Stephenson YC, Willett NJ, Goudy SL, Botchwey E. Improving cleft palate repair using immune modulatory auththerapies. Acta Biomater. 2019 Jun; 91:209-219.
Membership & Affiliations
- Member, International Association of Dental Research (IADR)
- Member, American Association of Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Research (AADOCR)
- Member, American Cleft Palate Association (ACPA)
- Member, Society for Craniofacial Genetics & Developmental Biology (SCGDB)
- Member, American Association for Anatomy (AAA)
Honors & Awards
- AADOCR Joseph Lister Junior Investigator Award
- ACPA Junior Investigator Award
- ASBMR Young Investigator Travel Award