Bob is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation, with an emphasis on patent, trademark, copyright, and unfair competition litigation. He is actively involved in all aspects of complex litigation and enforcement matters from discovery, through trial, as well as on appeal.
Bob has represented clients in district and appellate courts throughout the country in actions involving a broad range of technologies and products, including fiber optic sensor systems, heart rate monitors, wireless and wired communications technology, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
Some of Bob’s notable cases include:
- Represented developer of aesthetic products in patent litigation against major pharmaceutical company in District of Delaware.
- Represented major outdoor and recreational lifestyle products company in patent litigation in the District of South Carolina.
- Represented global leader in customer engagement management in trademark and unfair competition litigations in the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Represented one of the world’s most recognized and trusted baby gear companies in patent litigation in the Central District of California.
- Represented leading manufacturer of consumer products in patent litigation in District of Delaware.
- Represented Board of Regents in a copyright case involving issues of electronic reserves and fair use in the non-profit education context in the Northern District of Georgia.
- Successfully defended client’s trademarks in cancellation proceeding filed by competitor before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Represented fiber optic sensing systems company in patent litigation against multinational company in the District of Montana.
- Represented computer network company in patent litigations in the Northern District of California and Eastern District of Texas that resulted in substantial licensing fees for client and two successful jury trials.
Bob’s practice also includes counseling clients to manage their intellectual property portfolios with a goal towards protecting these important assets through asserting and defending these rights. He also has experience in assisting clients on matters related to intellectual property procurement and licensing.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Bob spent several years working as a forensic scientist with the Orange County Crime Laboratory in Santa Ana, CA, where he testified as an expert witness in over 150 trials and hearings.
Butler University, B.S., Chemistry, with honors
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, M.S., Forensic Science
Emory University, J.D., with honors
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Associate, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP
Membership & Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars - Intellectual Property Litigation