Jessica’s practice focuses on patent prosecution, due diligence and portfolio management within the areas of electrical, mechanical and medical device technologies for both U.S. and international entities. She has experience as an associate in private practice and also as a law clerk in the Technology Transfer Office of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Her medical and biotechnology experience includes medical and analytic devices such as radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery equipment used in diagnosing and treating cancer and brain disorders. Jessica is also experienced in minimally invasive surgical instruments, biopsy devices, brachytherapy systems, and devices used for patient imaging and real-time target monitoring.
Jessica also works with a variety of mechanical and electro-mechanical technologies, including those related to power generation, engine technology, industrial manufacturing, refrigeration systems, and paper making, as well as, wireless communications, computer and network architecture, software design, and magnetic and optical storage systems.
While in law school, Jessica served as President and Secretary of the Intellectual Property Law Society, and was the recipient of a Georgia State University College of Law Intellectual Property Law Scholarship. Jessica presented a paper at the Popular Culture Association Conference on “Trademark Protection of Vulgar and Scandalous Marks.” She was the Features Editor and a contributing writer for The Docket.
Jessica was previously an Associate at King & Spalding in Atlanta, and an Associate and Student Associate at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, L.L.P. She also was an engineer with Elekta, an international leader in radiation oncology systems.
Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Georgia State University, J.D.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims
- Registered Neutral, Fulton County Municipal Court
- King & Spalding – Associate
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, L.L.P. – Associate, Student Associate
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Law Clerk, Technology Transfer Office
- Elekta – Engineer/Medical Facilities Designer, Service Engineer
- Lucent Technologies – Mechanical Engineering Co-Op
- Komarnicki Tool & Die – Mechanical Detailer