Bjorn focuses his practice on patent prosecution, portfolio management, and client counseling. He has been a patent attorney since 2010, and his experience includes practice in both law firms and a corporate law department. Bjorn’s technical experience spans a wide range of electrical, mechanical, computing, software, and machine learning technologies.
Bjorn enjoys collaborating with the firm’s clients to achieve business objectives and solve IP problems. He counsels clients in all phases patent prosecution from drafting, filing, and prosecuting applications through procurement and monetization of patents. Bjorn takes satisfaction in the successes of the firm’s clients. A representative example includes counseling a client about IP through startup and growth stages to successful exit by acquisition.
Bjorn has also served as an in-house counsel for a leading financial technology provider, where he advised the company’s executives and managers on all aspects of IP law. This experience provided Bjorn with critical first-hand knowledge of the needs and demands facing the firm’s clients.
Prior to practicing law, Bjorn graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy with a degree in electrical engineering and was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He completed the U.S. Navy’s nuclear power training program before being assigned to the USS Maryland (SSBN-738), a ballistic missile submarine. Bjorn qualified as a watch officer whose responsibilities included ensuring the safety of the submarine’s operations at sea and in port. During his military service, he gained valuable technical experience in mechanical, electrical, and nuclear engineering.
United States Naval Academy, B.E., Electrical Engineering
Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Fidelity National Information Services (“FIS”) – Senior Intellectual Property Counsel
- Oliff PLC (Formerly Oliff & Berridge, PLC) – Associate
- Electrical, Computer, and Software
- Medical Devices
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Data Storage Systems
- Semiconductor Devices and Processing
- Force and Strain Sensors
- Force Sensitive Interface Technologies
- Electronic Display Technologies
- Medical Image Analysis
- Clinical Decision-Making Support Tools
- Control Systems
- Business Methods
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
Membership & Affiliations
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Jacksonville Bar Association